At the July 16th meeting of the CAPE Council, delegates set the schedule for the upcoming 2017-2019 CAPE Delegate Elections with the following timetable:
1) Tuesday, August 1: Publish notification of upcoming nominations for CAPE Council elections on the web and via email to all CAPE contributors. Candidates who run for delegate seats on the CAPE Council must be contributors as of July 31, 2017 to be eligible.
2) Tuesday, August 8 – Friday, September 8: CAPE Nominations are open for over a month from August 8 through September 8. Send nomination forms by 5pm, September 8 to an SEIU 503 regional office (by email, fax, or in person). Members can self-nominate.
3) Friday, September 15: Delegate candidate statements (not required) are due in SEIU offices by Friday, September 15, 5pm (by email, fax, or in person).
4) Friday, September 29: Ballots & Candidate Statements must be mailed by September 29.
5) Monday, October 23: Ballots must be returned (return envelope or in person) by Monday, October 23, 5pm.
6) Thursday, October 26: Ballots will be counted and results will be available by end of the day Thursday, October 26. CAPE Delegate election results will be posted on the SEIU 503 web page: http://www.seiu503.org/cape/
Thanks for being a CAPE Contributor and for thinking about running for a CAPE Delegate position!
Strength in Union,
Barbara Casey, Chair
CAPE Elections and Nominations Committee